[Pyrex] Undeclared functions with Pyrex 0.9.8.3 and 0.9.8.4

Sébastien Sablé sable at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 11 18:20:08 CEST 2008

Hi John,

thanks for the tip, but I do define Py_INCREF in a python.pxi file:

cdef extern from "Python.h":
    ctypedef struct PyObject:
       int ob_refcnt

    ctypedef struct FILE

    void Py_INCREF(object o)
    void Py_DECREF(object o)

which is included through a magnum._magpy.pxd file:

include "glib.pxi"
include "python.pxi"
include "legacy.pxi"

Also Py_INCREF is used plenty of times in the C source, but the error
only appears in the context of the __Pyx_ExportFunction call.
My Pyrex module also perfectly worked with Pyrex versions prior to
0.9.8.3, that is why I believe this is a regression in Pyrex rather than
a problem in my module.

regards

--
Sébastien Sablé