[Pyrex] array setting and math function annoyance

Arc Riley arcriley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 08:14:35 CET 2008

> You could file a bug at https://launchpad.net/cython/ and note that
> it also affects Pyrex.

We'd be using Cython if it were not for a few pesky bugs we've yet to work
around, namely our source is arranged in a manner which Cython cannot
handle;

src/<extension>/soy.<extension>.pyx which includes
src/<extension>/<EachClass>.pxi

The resulting compile, as you could likely guess, raises errors such as:
  AttributeError: 'src.colors.soy.colors.Color' object has no attribute '_a'

I love a lot of what you guys are doing, as well as your project goals and
organization.  There's a number of Cython features that would make our code
cleaner, but we also find the way our source is arranged very useful for our
purposes.

If you could suggest how to override this behavior it'd be much appreciated.

Here's our setup.py script, which uses Pyrex.Compiler directly and includes
some OS conditionals and other tricks which may be obsolete:
  http://www.pysoy.org/browser/trunk/pysoy/setup.py