[Pyrex] Cython development

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sat Mar 15 11:20:01 CET 2008

Hi,

Arc Riley wrote:
> We'll see how the next release goes with just the original sources.
>
> Keep in mind SAGE's user base is undoubtedly going to be radically different
> from ours, which are mostly teenagers and young adults.

>From my (non-Sage) experience, my guess is that you will hate tracking down
bugs in sources that have different line numbers than your local version, and
that users will complain about stuff that works perfectly with your local
version - until you find out in their third e-mail that they are actually
using an older/newer/devel/dist-modified version of Cython or Pyrex.

But your experience may of course vary.