[Pyrex] array setting and math function annoyance

Arc Riley arcriley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 06:40:33 CET 2008

> It would be nice if distutils could be easily extended
> to handle new kinds of preprocessing and its attendant
> dependencies, but it appears to be structured the wrong
> way for that. So I'm working towards getting out of
> the distutils extension business altogether.

Don't sweat it for us, Greg.

I whole-heartedly appreciate having Pyrex available to use for our project
over the last two years, we wouldn't be where we are today without it.
You've built a great language.

Our project's scope is much larger than Pyrex was apparently built for and
we need more control over the language our project uses if we're going to
keep our project manageable.  So, this weekend we started modding Cython for
our project's use, and we'll likely utilize this for our next release.

If you're ever in the Boston area let me know, I'll buy you a drink as
thanks for getting us this far!