[Pyrex] Support for qualifiers

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Mar 19 00:05:36 CET 2008

Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> Pyrex at the moment doesn't support qualifiers on arguments in C
> function prototypes. This causes an awful lot of warnings when writing
> bindings for libraries that make heavy use of the const keyword.

I haven't found it to cause all that many problems,
because passing a non-const pointer to something
declared as const, which is the most frequent
case, is okay. I can appreciate that some libraries
may be more troublesome than others in this regard,
though.

> Are there any plans to support these kinds of qualifiers or perhaps use
> const more in the generated code, where possible?

I've been trying to avoid dealing with const if at all
possible, because it will make the type checking code
considerably more complicated. But I haven't entirely
ruled it out.

--
Greg