[Pyrex] [Cython] ANN: Pyrex 0.9.8

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri May 16 01:58:45 CEST 2008

Kirill Smelkov wrote:

> Greg, I'd like to ask you about
>
>   Why don't you host normal Mercurial repository for Pyrex?

For a number of reasons, it wouldn't be convenient for me
to have the definitive repository on a remote site.

I'm open to the idea of having a mirror site somewhere
that is kept up to date, although I don't have anywhere
to put one at the moment.

In the meantime, I'm making Mercurial bundles available
to anyone who wants to maintain their own repository.

Something I'd like to point out is that there isn't
usually any "bleeding edge" that's significantly
different from the last released version. I have bursts
of working on Pyrex, and any changes I make almost
always turn up as a new release very soon after I've
made them. It's not as if I'm sitting on things for
months before releasing them, if that's what anyone
is thinking.

--
Greg

--