[Pyrex] Regression with 0.9.8.3 and above

KS Sreeram sreeram at tachyontech.net
Sun Apr 5 07:26:58 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I noticed errors when building ncrypt (http://tachyon.in/ncrypt) with a
recent version of Pyrex. After some testing, I've narrowed it down to a
simple example.

Basically if a .pyx file contains a cdef'd class which is not present in
the corresponding .pxd file, then the module fails to compile. This
results in a error only with versions 0.9.8.3 and above. This doesn't
cause a problem when compiling with 0.9.8.2.

I've attached testpyrex.pxd and testpyrex.pyx which demonstrate the issue.

Is this an intentional change? or is it just a bug?

For now, I've reverted back to using 0.9.8.2.

Regards
KS Sreeram
Founder, Tachyon Technologies