[Pyrex] Pyrex setting MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET

Adam Mercer ramercer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 04:26:06 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 01:35, Arc Riley <arcriley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Save yourself time, if you need glew bindings from Python, use PyOpenGL.

Thanks, I'll pass that onto the user who reported this problem to me.
However, does anyone know why the deployment target is hardcoded to
10.3 in Pyrex/Mac/DarwinSystem.pc?

def c_link_list(obj_files, verbose_flag = 0, cplus = 0):
    #  Link the given object files into a dynamically
    #  loadable extension file. Returns the pathname
    #  of the resulting file.
    os.environ["MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET"] = "10.3"
    out_file = replace_suffix(obj_files[0], ".so")
    linker = linkers[bool(cplus)]
    args = [linker] + linker_options + obj_files + ["-o", out_file]
    if verbose_flag or verbose:
        print " ".join(args)
    status = os.spawnvp(os.P_WAIT, linker, args)
    if status <> 0:
        raise CCompilerError("Linker returned status %s" % status)
    return out_file

The reason I'm asking is that I maintain the Pyrex MacPort and a
ticket has been filed that seems to be related to this. Would I break
anything if I simply removed the

os.environ["MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET'] = "10.3"

line from the the above method, as MacPorts sets this environment
variable itselfs.

Cheers

Adam