[Pyrex] Does __Pyx_ImportType need to check struct sizes? (Cython-relevant, too)

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jun 3 01:53:01 CEST 2009

Robert Bradshaw wrote:
> On Jun 1, 2009, at 5:10 PM, Greg Ewing wrote:
>
>>How is that going to work for types that weren't
>>created using Pyrex/Cython?
>
> It won't, but do we check for the sizes of those types anyways?

As far as I remember, yes. Pyrex has no way of knowing
whether a cimported extension type was defined using
Pyrex or not. It just relies on the C compiler knowing
the size of the object struct, which it should do in
either case.

Changing this would require adding some kind of syntax
for declaring that an extension type is a Pyrex-defined
one, and it would make non-Pyrex extension types into
second-class citizens in some respects.

--
Greg