[Pyrex] A couple of questions about pyrex

Yingjie Lan lanyjie at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 13:53:32 CEST 2009

Hi there,

Just came to know pyrex, read the docs at pyrex homepage, and thought about using it for my project, but have a couple of unresolved questions. Help would be very much appreciated.

1) Does pyrex support writing iterator classes for collection objects? If it does, how?

2) I found it not very intuitive to have exportable function definition use the 'def' syntax, which mimics the python counterpart, while the extension classes (cdef class) use something different than the counterpart in python (class). Is there a particular reason for this? Why not just use 'class MyClass' syntax for pyrex to define an extension?

Regards,

Yingjie