[Pyrex] A couple of questions about pyrex

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu May 14 08:11:15 CEST 2009

Yingjie Lan wrote:
> I read pretty much all the beginner's documentation but
> did not find anything on writing a pure python class
> in your .pyx file. It is a little weird to have an
> extension language that also support pure python class.
> Why not just write that into a pure python module?

Yes, I agree that Cython should enable you to import Python modules. If it
did that, there wouldn't be any reason left to implement any Python classes
in Cython, so removing that 'feature' would really clean up our code base,
certainly without any performance regression or whatsoever for the now
imported Python code.