[Pyrex] Interfacing Java and Python through JNI and Cython

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Tue May 19 18:01:41 CEST 2009

Franck Pommereau schrieb:
>> I'm using JCC (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/JCC/) with great success to
>> wrap entire Java project. I'm planing to blog about JCC when I'm done
>> with the current project.
>
> Thanks for this link, I didn't know this tool. However, I'm doing just
> the reverse: JCC allows Python to call Java, while I needed Java to call
> Python.

JCC works in both directions. It's even possible to subclass a Java
class in Python and re-implement some methods in Python. You can throw
the object back into the Java sphere and the Python methods are executed ...

http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene/jcc/documentation/readme.html#extensions

Christian