[saih-promo2002] n imagination, and he did it to

Reategui Albertine doukhobors at bop-lehrbach.de
Thu Sep 30 03:58:34 CEST 2010

S soothing to the ear, and the crackling wood fire gave a cheerful
illumination
to the interior. Reclining

on the soft warm robes, they recurred to the theme
that was continually in their thoughts. "I am almost sorry we ever came
to this place," said George, with a sigh.
"We have had an interesting experience, have made a number
of friends, such as they are, though there can never be much in the way
of friendship between us and
these people." "How could we have spent the winter, which will be cold
and severe?" asked his brother.
"Deerfoot would have had no trouble in finding some cave in the rocks
which we could have fitted up into
as good a house as this. There are places, too, where the horses would
have been sheltered from the storms, and we could gather plenty of
cottonwood bark when grass was beyond reach, and thus
kept the animals alive."
"Perhaps that might have been done, but I don't believe it is as easy as
you think. It seems to me our hope is in Deerfoot's tact. He will not
listen in silence to any at