[Loom-devel] Re: Can you set up this CVS account?

Iain ih at csd.abdn.ac.uk
Wed Feb 2 14:35:33 CET 2000

> Yeah, we figured that out, and a few other problems too. Everything should be
> back to normal now, the server had a filesystem error...
>

> > I've got the "boilerplate" stuff of all canvasitems written for the
> > terrain item, and a document that "explains" what the terrain item is.
> > I'll put it onto the CVS later.
>
> Excellent. I just set up another mailing list, loom-auto, which will get
> mails with summaries of all CVS commits.

Cool. It all works.
I stuck some stuff up on it.
Nothing much really.

I was thinking that probably the best way to do the map stuff, would be to
have a widget that is derived from GnomeCanvas, say loom_map, and so you'd
just do
GtkWidget *map;
map = loom_map_new ();
gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (container), map);

and have this loom_map have functions like set_map, get_map, and other
things I can't think of now :). This loom_map widget would do all the
required stuff for displaying the map, splitting it up into smaller items,
so the programmer never has to think about terrain_item's etc.

Another thing, what args should the terrain_item have? I've got map width,
map height, z, map, tile_width, tile_height. I can't really think of
anymore.

iain