[PP-main] XML DTD.

Joakim Ziegler joakim at simplemente.net
Mon Apr 3 18:19:40 CEST 2000

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 03:29:17PM +0930, Nick Lothian wrote:
>> Making the XML DTD.

> Yes, I think we need the two DTDs - any other way will be too limiting in
> the long run (I'm not too sure I follow your second method, anyway).

> May I suggest the terms "Wrapping DTD", which contains a Payload, which
> optionally conforms to the "News DTD" for full inclusion into the PeerPress
> framework.

> There's some stuff in the ICE spec which we may be able to adapt for the
> Wrapping DTD. I could look into that some if people think that is a good
> idea.

I think this is definitely a good idea. I looked briefly at ICE myself a
little while ago, and even though there are parts of it that seem overly
complex, others seem very well thought through.

I'd very much like to see some consensus on what the wrapping DTD should
describe, first of all, though. I'll post a short list of features, and
anyone else should feel free to do the same. Some time towards the end of
this week, I'll correlate the feature lists, and post the combined result to
the list for comments.

Joakim Ziegler - simplemente r&d director - joakim at simplemente.net
 FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer
      http://www.avmaria.com/ - http://www.simplemente.net/