[PP-main] Image Syndication

Nick Lothian Lothian.Nicholas at lmsol.com.au
Fri Mar 3 02:39:58 CET 2000

I'd really like to see the system extended to allow image syndication - the
way that non-online news agencies do it.

I'm remembering the WTO riots last year, and how lots of people were taking
pictures, but couldn't get them shown anywhere (or got Slashdotted when they
tried). A reliable, free syndication network would have been great, them.

Obviously, the potential for abuse is fairly great, and there are techinical
issues (you probably want to make sure sites copy the picture from the
original site, because of bandwidth problems).

Nick