[pp-xml] Re: [PP-main] Mozilla/Netscape 6 sidebar & PeerPress

Joakim Ziegler joakim at simplemente.net
Sat Apr 8 14:20:50 CEST 2000

On Sat, Apr 08, 2000 at 01:27:46PM +1000, lists at itsg.net.au wrote:

> i'm crossposting this because it hasn't yet been 24 hours since
> the announcement of the xml list, and i have no idea how many subscribers
> are on it yet.

> http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/03/15/xul/index.html

> is a link to a tutorial on how to create those cool sidebar thingies for
> mozilla (which netscape 6 is based on).

> maybe the creation of this excellent feature can be the second goal for
> the xml workgroup, after the creation of the dtd('s)?!

As far as I can see, this would be trivial to do, using the planned RDF
export feature. Actually, we might not even need that, given that as far as I
can see, XUL allows you to merge in a random XML file, using namespaces.

Anyway, easy to do, not something we should concern ourselves with now,
though.

Joakim Ziegler - simplemente r&d director - joakim at simplemente.net
 FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer
      http://www.avmaria.com/ - http://www.simplemente.net/