[Pyrex] Re: Re: Re: Pyrex and C++

Andreas Kostyrka andreas at mtg.co.at
Wed Nov 19 18:44:32 CET 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 09:03:30AM -0800, Mike Rovner wrote:
> You didn't mention C++ among skills. I take it you hope to skip
> tedious C++ leaning with help of (future) pyrex. Let me disappoint you.
> In my experience it will not happen. You'll have to learn C++ hard way.
Well I did 10 yrs ago. Actually I've even tutored C++ classes the hard way ;)
Nevertheless, Pyrex makes writing Python-C modules about 10x more productive
(measured by lines, and btw I did also write custom python modules in C too :))

> > BTW, C++ exceptions do not have to propagate trough C modules. It's
> > implementation specific.
>
> Any reference, please?
Any reference for your claim that it works, something nice that I can lookup
in my Stroustrup collection?

But for your curiosity:
http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/docs/FAQ/html/index.html#id2805467
(point 4.6 of the gtk-- faq)