[Pyrex] Re: Re: Re: Re: Pyrex and C++

Mike Rovner mike at nospam.com
Wed Nov 19 21:30:21 CET 2003

Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
>>> BTW, C++ exceptions do not have to propagate trough C modules. It's
>>> implementation specific.
>>
>> Any reference, please?
> Any reference for your claim that it works, something nice that I can
> lookup in my Stroustrup collection?

Standard is silent about it.
It works in MSVC.
GCC mention that option -fexceptions
"""
Enable exception handling. Generates extra code needed to propagate
exceptions. For some targets, this implies GCC will generate frame unwind
information for all functions, which can produce significant data size
overhead, although it does not affect execution. If you do not specify this
option, GCC will enable it by default for languages like C++ which normally
require exception handling, and disable it for languages like C that do not
normally require it. However, you may need to enable this option when
compiling C code that needs to interoperate properly with exception handlers
written in C++. You may also wish to disable this option if you are
compiling older C++ programs that don't use exception handling.
"""
However I couldn't find any specifying documents in the net.
Given that for many years we had non-conforming C++ implementations I will
not be
supprised if that issue is also left out.

Regards,
Mike