[Pyrex] Kate? or other Linux editor?

Arnd Zapletal a_zapletal at web.de
Mon Apr 12 22:40:29 CEST 2004

Z'm Themma 'Re: [Pyrex] Kate?  or other Linux editor?'
heigit Charles Hixson folgides vo' sich gae:

> I don't see any advantages in SciTE over NEdit.

errm,  no - yes - no ;)

SciTE offers a lot of hidden goodies if you look into the global-, user,- local- property files (like saving open buffers as sessions, sic!)

Eg if using Pauls pyximport, you run pyrex stuff directly with one keystroke, so SciTE becomes a very light IDE(-alike).

I used NEdit for years, but had to move away when UTF support became more and more important and NEdit couldn't serve  that time. And if you have to use a 1024x768 TFT you don't go back to something non-aliased (SciTE <-> gtk2). Not a matter of eye-candy but a matter of sanity ;)

> Kate has a "pseudo-
> project-pane" in the window that lets one keep all files in the
> project available at once, which I find desireable.

see above, just allow SciTE to tab.
I do avoid brontosaurus-KDE related stuff whenever possible, but actually I use (& like) Kate also a lot for editing Zope objects via ftp.

--
"As the poet said, "Only God can make a tree" -- probably
 because it's so hard to figure out how to get the bark on."