[Pyrex] Pyrex IDE

Voidspace mike at pcblokes.com
Mon Apr 19 15:47:03 CEST 2004

Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> At 09:26 AM 4/19/04 +0100, Voidspace wrote:
>
>> Bob Ippolito wrote:

>>> I created a Vim syntax file that highlights some of Pyrex.. it's not
>>> great, but it's done a decent enough job for me.
>>

>> Interesting.
>> Maybe I'll have to get 'the' win32 port of Vim... I assume such a
>> thing exists.
>

> I believe the latest version of jEdit also has a Pyrex mode.

Hmm..... will have a look.

>>> Doesn't cygwin or mingw come with a bash console?  I've been using
>>> OS X for the past few years, and have repressed most of my win32
>>> memories.
>>

>> There is something called Msys for MinGW that I've just got hold of.
>> It behaves like a console - but the docs say it's not a runtime
>> environment and only for building distributions... so I'm not
>> entirely sure !!
>

> Cygwin comes with an actual bash console.

Yup.
MinGW doesn't.

>> At least I've managed to get disutils using gcc now..... I can't get
>> disutils to use my disutils.cfg though - I just specify the compiler
>> when I build the package.
>

> I can't help but notice that you keep calling it 'disutils', rather
> than 'distutils' (note the 't').  Are you sure you named the file
> 'distutils.cfg' (the correct name) and not 'disutils.cfg' (the name
> you keep calling it)?

I'm *very* sure  I'm calling it 'disutils.cfg' the wrong one.
Which will neatly explain why it doesn't work.

Defintie case of 'seeing what you think it says'  instead of what it
*actually* says.

Thanks.

Fuzzy

--

http://www.Voidspace.org.uk
The Place where headspace meets cyberspace. Online resource site - covering science, technology, computing, cyberpunk, psychology, spirituality, fiction and more.

---
http://www.atlantibots.org.uk
Atlantibots - stomping across the worlds of Atlantis.
Building with Python - programming language that rules the world.
---
http://www.fuchsiashockz.co.uk