[Pyrex] (no subject)

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Aug 18 04:53:36 CEST 2004

> Good luck. Unless you have compiled Python extension modules in cygwin or
> mingw before it is an involved process.

But this problem appears to be about installing Pyrex itself,
which doesn't involve compiling any extension modules --
only installing plain Python code. I can't think of any
reason why that should fail. Maybe something has changed in
the 2.3 distutils?

Anyway, it's not really necessary to install Pyrex using
the setup.py. Just arrange for the Pyrex package to be in your
PYTHONPATH, and the pyrexc script in your PATH, and it
should work.

As for compiling extension modules using MinGW, I've done
this successfully, following the instructions given in
section 3.1.2 of the "Installing Python Modules" docs.