[Pyrex] (no subject)

Lenard Lindstrom len-l at telus.net
Tue Aug 17 19:11:27 CEST 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:01:21 -0600 angolero at linux.ajusco.upn.mx wrote:

> Hello to all.
> I want to use pirex but i need my code to be multiplataform in particular to run
>  on windows to, i know thah in general the linux users dont know about windows
> problems but i need help so ....
>
> i really dont know where to start if i try to run the setup.py whit the install
> option i have this error:
>
> D:\Python23>python d:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pyrex-0.9.3\setup.py install
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "d:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pyrex-0.9.3\setup.py", line 27, in ?
>     data_files=[
>   File "D:\Python23\distutils\core.py", line 101, in setup
>     _setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)
>   File "D:\Python23\distutils\dist.py", line 130, in __init__
>     setattr(self, method_name, getattr(self.metadata, method_name))
> AttributeError: DistributionMetadata instance has no attribute 'get___doc__'

Try installing with Pyrex-0.9.3 as the current directory instead.

D:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pyrex-0.9.3>d:\Python23\python setup.py install

> As somone run pirex on windows succsefully ??

Yes

> i have to compile something with cgwin ??

Good luck. Unless you have compiled Python extension modules in cygwin or
mingw before it is an involved process. And I have never successfully done
it using distutils. Section 6.2.2 of Installing Python Modules is the place
to start. But it might be simpler to install a cygwin version of Python
and use it instead.

Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l at telus.net>