[Pyrex] my fault [Was: Re: Embedding Pyrex HOWTO]

Michael P. Dubner pywebmail at list.ru
Sun Jun 20 10:38:19 CEST 2004

Michael P. Dubner wrote:

> David McNab wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've written a mini-HOWTO which details the steps for compiling .pyx
>> files into binary executables (as opposed to just python-loadable
>> extension modules).
>>
>> Yes - executable C-compiled binaries which embed a python interpreter.
>>
>> http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/embeddingpyrex
>>
>> Steps include adding a main(), and a couple of small details. Pretty
>> simple, all is explained with short demo program.
>>
>> Enjoy
>>
> It's funny, but I've just created simple (bilingual) instructions on
> the same topic.
>
> http://www.dubnerm.newmail.ru/soft/PyxPP/pyrex4exe.html
>
> So I can add note about your usage of testobj: define it as 'cdef
> Testclass testobj' in your main, or it will fail on some systems

Ok - my fault. I've just re-checked. You only MUST declare variable if
you want to plan to use it after Py_Finalize - i.e. in return
statement... But you possibly WANT to because
this i've writte about Py_DECREF is in effect, just doesn't pops-up
immediatly.

--
Best regards,
Michael Dubner (dubnerm at mindless.com)