[Pyrex] Desperate pyrex/c++ help.

qzm stuartaw at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 07:42:17 CEST 2005

Firstly, I must say pyrex with its distutils support is fantastic!

However... and I have one small however.
To convert a pile of things I have from swig to pyrex I need to be
able to interface to a microsoft COM boject (yes, well, no way around
it).

To do that, I need to use c++, NOT C, so I can #import the interface
(c++ #import, not python #import).

Looking through pyrex, it looks like the basics of c++ support are
there, but I cannot seem to get it to hook up with a simple distutils
setup.py.

Basically I just want to import from a .hpp file intaining a single
#import "whatever" line, but the compiler MUST be in c++ mode to do
this.

python2.4, current pyrex, visual studio .net 2003.

Any suggestions? Please?

Regards,
Stuart.