[Pyrex] Desperate pyrex/c++ help.

len-l at telus.net len-l at telus.net
Sat Apr 23 00:38:04 CEST 2005

On 22 Apr 2005 at 17:42, qzm wrote:

> Firstly, I must say pyrex with its distutils support is fantastic!
>
> However... and I have one small however.
> To convert a pile of things I have from swig to pyrex I need to be
> able to interface to a microsoft COM boject (yes, well, no way around
> it).
>
> To do that, I need to use c++, NOT C, so I can #import the interface
> (c++ #import, not python #import).
>
> Looking through pyrex, it looks like the basics of c++ support are
> there, but I cannot seem to get it to hook up with a simple distutils
> setup.py.
>
> Basically I just want to import from a .hpp file intaining a single
> #import "whatever" line, but the compiler MUST be in c++ mode to do
> this.
>
> python2.4, current pyrex, visual studio .net 2003.
>
> Any suggestions? Please?

The best way to answer this is to refer to previous postings on the subject:

Problems with compiling a module using a C++ compiler
http://lists.copyleft.no/pipermail/pyrex/2003-August/000237.html

Pyrex and C++
http://lists.copyleft.no/pipermail/pyrex/2003-November/000415.html

really wanting C++ support
http://lists.copyleft.no/pipermail/pyrex/2003-May/000076.html

As far as I know Pyrex support of C++ is still an open issue. For now Boost seems
to be the popular alternative to Swig for creating Python extension modules in C++.

Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l at telus.net>