(Fwd) Re: [Pyrex] Desperate pyrex/c++ help.

len-l at telus.net len-l at telus.net
Sat Apr 23 04:44:12 CEST 2005

On 22 Apr 2005 at 18:01, len-l at telus.net wrote:

> Date sent:      	Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:54:53 +1200
> From:           	qzm <stuartaw at gmail.com>
[snip]

> It would be a wonderful thing for pyrex to support simple wrapping of
> windows COM objects, as this is one area which can cause piles of
> problems for windows./python users.

I take it you have looked at win32com and ctypes. If not, win32com (pywin32) has
good idispatch support (but no custom interface support, I believe). In the last few
months considerable work has been done to improve COM support in ctypes to
accompany release 1.0. This includes a program to read an IDL file and return a
Python module defining the interface using ctypes. ctypes handles custom (dual)
interfaces.

Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l at telus.net>