[Pyrex] Pyrex and GCC4.0

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Jun 16 11:44:21 CEST 2005

Bob Ippolito wrote:
[snip]
>> I've just tried it out with my installation of Pyrex (0.9.3, but I
>> think the patch applied). Unfortunately it still results in lvalue
>> assignment errors, so there may be something I missed or that the
>> patch misses..
>>
>> I hope a new version of Pyrex can be released soon that includes  this
>> patch, so that Fedora users can compile lxml again...
>

> Mac OS X 10.4 also uses GCC 4.0 by default, so it's not just a Fedora
> problem.

Oh, ick, that means lxml doesn't compile on quite a number of platforms
all of a sudden. A fix to this issue in Pyrex would *really* be
appreciated. I heard Ubuntu breezy (the development version) also uses
gcc 4.0.

I'd be happy to test any patches beyond the one posted by John Palmieri,
that might fix the lxml issue as well. I'll also try to track down what
lxml is doing that triggers this behavior even with the patch applied.

Regards,

Martijn