[Pyrex] Pyrex and GCC4.0

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Jun 16 20:00:48 CEST 2005

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> I'll also try to track down what
> lxml is doing that triggers this behavior even with the patch applied.

Nothing special, apparently, at least the line that gets translated
looks quite innocuous:

     result._doc = etree

where result is an extension type instance defined by Pyrex with _doc
defined as a C-level element, and etree is another extension type instance

the translation is something like this:

   ((PyObject *)__pyx_v_result->__pyx_base._doc) = ((PyObject
*)__pyx_v_etree);

If I understand correctly, to make this work we'd need to change the
code generation so it doesn't generate the cast on the left hand side.
The right hand side is already casting correctly.

Regards,

Martijn