[Pyrex] Anyone used VendorID with Pyrex?

Matt Campbell matt at mattcampbell.us
Wed Mar 30 01:43:37 CEST 2005

Hello,

I recently read about a package called VendorID
(http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/vendorid/), which allows one to
restrict the usage of some extension modules to specific Python
interpreter binaries.  This is useful for redistributing Python bindings
for commercial libraries, such as PyQt.

I use Pyrex to write Python bindings for some commercial libraries, so I
would like to use VendorID.  The tricky part is that extension modules
which use VendorID must call vendorid_check(), check the return value,
and raise an exception if the return value is zero, before calling
Py_InitModule().  I'm guessing that it would be necessary to patch Pyrex
to do this.  Has anyone done this before?

Thanks,
Matt