[Pyrex] ANN: Pyrex 0.9.4 - LValue Casts are Dead!

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Apr 19 07:38:12 CEST 2006

Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> But I do hope you'll register a CheeseShop entry

Yes, I'll do that.

> What rude things?

It seems the original post may have been a little
exaggerated, or maybe I read too much into it.

Nevertheless, I need some time to study the whole
setuptools business. It's all new to me.

> I haven't played with Pyrex 0.9.4 yet, though, so I don't know whether
> anything needs to be updated in setuptools for compatibility when
> building extensions in a setuptools-based package.

I fixed the distutils extension to work with or
without the extra argument to swig_sources, and
commented out some dead code. Nothing else has
changed in that area as far as I know.

 > Setuptools, by the way, has always included support for
 > building extensions with Pyrex

Does it provide any better control over the warning
options to the C compiler? That *would* be useful...

--
Greg