[Pyrex] new release?

Elias Pschernig elias at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 15 16:49:22 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 10:06 +1300, Greg Ewing wrote:
> Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > Is there an estimate when there will be a new release of Pyrex?
>
> It looks like it's not going to be this year.
> I'll try to get something done early next
> year.

Thanks, very much appreciated.

> > For me
> > it would be especially important to have all the patches to remove
> > warnings applied.
>
> I'll certainly incorporate all the ones to fix
> real problems such as exceptions and weakrefs.
> I'm not promising anything about the ones
> concerned with warnings, however. I may use some
> of them if they don't introduce too much extra
> complexity into the compiler, but I'd still
> much rather find a way of turning off those
> warnings instead.

Well, to me, the improperly generated C code is a real problem. So I
hope you consider changing code generation to output warning-less code.
Declaring functions or variables which aren't used or defined just seems
like a bad idea to me, even in generated code, and even if the compiler
is slightly simpler when not caring about it.

--
Elias Pschernig