[Pyrex] How to reuse pyrex functions?

Stefan Behnel behnel_ml at gkec.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Jul 28 04:19:59 UTC 2006

Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> i am trying to declare Pyrex function in a module called "asn1" and use
> it in a module called "mdc". I can't put a function declaration in a
> .pyd file, so i must use a "cdef public". Anyway i can't make it work
> smoothly.

I guess what you are looking for is my Pyrex patch for external C APIs. It
allows different Python C extensions to directly call C functions of each
other without requiring any compile-time linking.

http://lists.copyleft.no/pipermail/pyrex/2006-July/001903.html
http://lists.copyleft.no/pipermail/pyrex/2006-July/001905.html

You can use the readily patched Pyrex version from here (which also supports
Python 2.5, BTW):

http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/pyrex/