[Pyrex] How to reuse pyrex functions?

Daniele Varrazzo daniele.varrazzo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 17:07:38 UTC 2006

> > i am trying to declare Pyrex function in a module called "asn1" and use
> > it in a module called "mdc". I can't put a function declaration in a
> > .pyd file, so i must use a "cdef public". Anyway i can't make it work
> > smoothly.
>
> I guess what you are looking for is my Pyrex patch for external C APIs. It
> allows different Python C extensions to directly call C functions of each
> other without requiring any compile-time linking.

It looks what i was looking for, but i didn't managed to use it. Maybe
i'm just misunderstood its usage at all...

i tried adding the function declarations i wanted to export in a .pyd
file, such

    cdef object OCTET_STRING_GetString(OCTET_STRING_t *s)

but i still get errors:

    Only 'extern' C function or variable declaration allowed in .pxd file

isn't the patch intended to overtake this limitation?

I tried to patch v. 0.9.4.1; i will try the patched version in svn soon.

Anyway i read the thred i think you refer to and it almost convinced
me to avoid dynamic linking and create a single library.

Thank you very much,

Daniele