[Pyrex] getting data pointer to numpy object

Brian Blais bblais at bryant.edu
Fri Mar 31 15:44:32 CEST 2006

Greg Ewing wrote:
> bblais at bryant.edu wrote:
>
>  >>Filip Wasilewski wrote:
>  >>
>  >>>The code works just fine for me. What's more it works even better if a
>  >>>2D double numpy array is passed to the fun1 function.
>  >
>  >
>  >>can you tell me what version of python you are using, and what
> version of pyrex and
>  >>numpy you are using?  perhaps I need to upgrade?
>
> Just in case Filip didn't make it clear, your example
> was expecting a 2D array, but you were passing it a
> 1D array. That's why you weren't getting the
> expected result.

thanks!  I hadn't caught that in Filip's message.  This was a "I'm coming from
Matlab" thing, where there are no 1D arrays.  I feel a little foolish for missing this.

thanks for all your help everyone!  I have to say that Pyrex is the best thing that I
have ever seen available for a language.  Not having to deal with yet another API is
great!

				bb

--

             bblais at bryant.edu