[Pyrex] Pyrex release for Python 2.5?

William Stein wstein at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 10:45:47 UTC 2006

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 02:21:28 -0500, Stefan Behnel
<behnel_ml at gkec.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> William Stein wrote:
>> Since everybody is posting their patched version of Pyrex,
>> mine has full support for the new __index__ method.
>
> Does "support" mean, it still runs under Python 2.3 and only uses the
> nb_index
> field under newer versions?

I don't know.  I don't think it matters, since the nb_index field is at the
very end of the struct that defines the class, so probably it would still
work
in the older versions.  But really I don't know -- my use of Pyrex is
entirely
in SAGE, and SAGE includes Python 2.5, so I don't have to worry for
my application about supporting Python 2.3.

William