[Pyrex] Pyrex release for Python 2.5?

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Oct 24 23:28:37 UTC 2006

William Stein wrote:
> I don't think it matters, since the nb_index field is at the
> very end of the struct that defines the class, so probably it would still
> work in the older versions.

A binary compiled for 2.5 with an nb_index field
would probably work with an older Python, yes.

But you wouldn't be able to compile it against a
pre-2.5 Python installation, because the type
struct wouldn't be declared as having an nb_index
slot.

So for full compatibility, the Pyrex compiler
would need to detect whether it was running under
2.5 and conditionally include the nb_index slot.
I don't know whether the patch in question does
that.

--
Greg