[Pyrex] How to structure pyrex modules in a cooperative way

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Apr 29 01:36:08 UTC 2007

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:

> I'd like to keep evas and ecore separated since they're independent,
> but how to use their PXD from ecore.evas? Should I install PXD files,
> where, how (setuptools/distutils)?

You don't normally need to install .pxd files, since they're
only used when compiling from Pyrex source. If you distribute
the generated .c files, most people won't need them at all.

If you really want to install a .pxd file somewhere that
other packages can use, the right place would probably be
somewhere under the installed Python include directory.
Not sure how you would tell distutils to do that.

> Another point is: how to keep track of these build time dependencies,
> using pkg-config?

I don't know enough about pkg-config to answer that, sorry.

--
Greg