[Pyrex] Callbacks from threads and PyGILState_Ensure/PyGILState_Release

Ulisses Furquim ulisses.silva at openbossa.org
Fri Aug 17 00:00:14 CEST 2007

Hi Greg,

On 8/16/07, Ulisses Furquim <ulisses.silva at openbossa.org> wrote:
> On 8/15/07, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> > Ulisses Furquim wrote:
> > > Do you mean the option be part of a CFuncDeclaratorNode?
> >
> > Something like that, yes. It would be parsed in the
> > same place as the exception return value option, and
> > attached to the function type descriptor. Then two
> > function types would only be considered compatible
> > if they had the same value for this option.
>
> Ok, I thought so before I sent the patch and that's why I said we
> could change that if it's something you'd like to merge. I'll look at
> this and I'll send another patch later.

Here goes another patch adding the option to CFuncDeclaratorNode
together with the needed related changes. The summary of changes from
previous version is:

  * renamed __grabgil to __grabGIL to be more explicit about GIL
  * now __grabGIL desn't have to be immediately before ':'
  * option is more generic because it's attached to function type not
to a specifc function (and the places where you pass the function also
need the __grabGIL annotation)

That's it, please tell me what you think of this patch.

Best regards,

-- Ulisses