[Pyrex] pyrex or not pyrex

Andreas Kostyrka andreas at kostyrka.org
Tue Jul 3 20:17:23 UTC 2007

Pyrex bindings are "pure" C bindings.

The only differences are:
- Pythonlike syntax.
- support for some autmatic code generation.

Basically, if you decide that you need 100% speed you can declare all Python/C API calls in Pyrex and write your inner loop with these. Hint: it's usually not worth the bother.

So I'd stick with Pyrex till you have very strong indications that you want C. Plus Pyrex is a magnitude easier than the C Python API,

Andreas
-- Ursprüngl. Mitteil. --