[Pyrex] Pyrex idioms and optimizations?

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Wed Jul 25 14:42:11 CEST 2007

William Stein wrote:
> On 7/24/07, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
>> I think I also read somewhere that SageX did something about function
>> signatures of C-implemented Python functions. Does it have a way to
>> make them
>> visible for tools like epydoc? I've been looking for something like
>> that for a
>> while now.
>
> Maybe.  If by "c-implemented" you mean something like
>
> cdef foo(a,b,c):

No, I meant plain "def" functions and methods (including __init__ and other
specials), stuff you can see in dir() and help(). I'd just like to make them
visible to things like help() and doc generation /somehow/, be it using normal
Python reflection on functions or an epydoc specific signature string in
docstrings (sure, you could add them by hand, but then, you have a code
generator in place already, so what's the point).

> Better support for epydoc could be a good goal for cython...

:) I think "cython" is actually the perfect name. Resembles Jython but in C,
fits CPython and the "c" can also be short for "compiled".