[Pyrex] Declaring an unsigned char in Pyrex?

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Jun 4 00:56:54 UTC 2007

Francesc Altet wrote:

> After looking at the sources, I see that Pyrex translates the 'signed
> char' (int8 above) declaration to just 'char',

The problem is that Pyrex currently doesn't keep track
of 'signed' as a property distinct from 'not unsigned'.

I'll look into fixing this. In the meantime, you should
be able to work around it by putting your typedef into
a .h file and including it with a 'cdef extern from'.
Then Pyrex will use your typedef name in the generated
C code, and the C compiler should be happy.

--
Greg