[Pyrex] Declaring an unsigned char in Pyrex?

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Mon Jun 4 13:06:05 UTC 2007

El dl 04 de 06 del 2007 a les 12:56 +1200, en/na Greg Ewing va escriure:
> Francesc Altet wrote:
>
> > After looking at the sources, I see that Pyrex translates the 'signed
> > char' (int8 above) declaration to just 'char',
>
> The problem is that Pyrex currently doesn't keep track
> of 'signed' as a property distinct from 'not unsigned'.
>
> I'll look into fixing this. In the meantime, you should
> be able to work around it by putting your typedef into
> a .h file and including it with a 'cdef extern from'.
> Then Pyrex will use your typedef name in the generated
> C code, and the C compiler should be happy.

Yup.  That works.  Thanks for the hint.

BTW, would you take long time before releasing a new Pyrex version with
your patch for keeping track of 'unsigned' property in function
*parameters*?  I can pass without this, but I'd like to get rid of this
bunch of tedious compiler warnings for people using the public version
of Pyrex.

Cheers,

--
Francesc Altet    |  Be careful about using the following code --
Carabos Coop. V.  |  I've only proven that it works,