[Pyrex] Test case for Pyrex and Cython

Michael.Abshoff michael.abshoff at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 26 23:01:19 CET 2007

Jim Kleckner wrote:
> Greg Ewing wrote:
>> David McNab wrote:
>>> Pyrex's segfaults and stack corruption
>>> when loading three or more modules from a package hierarchy
>> Can you provide an example? If there's a crash-causing
>> bug here, I'd like to fix it.
>
> That's why I'm trying to see if using Cython fixes
> the problem.  I want to be sure that the problem isn't
> in my code.
>
> Can the Cython folks say whether all of their bug fix
> patches have made it into Pyrex?
>
> valgrind produces some suggestive results, but I don't
> know which are false positives and which are not just yet.
> I created a page here for notes on using Valgrind:
>   http://wiki.cython.org/UsingValgrindToDebug
> Perhaps the Sage folks might comment there as
> I understand that they use it?

Hello,

since I do play a whole lot with valgrind running memcheck on Python,
Cython and native code combined it could be useful if you posted your
log somewhere on the web for download and I could take a look. We don't
have any extended documentation in the Sage wiki on how to deal
specifically with Cython, but some of us do have plenty of experience.

Cheers,

Michael