[Pyrex] ANN: Pyrex 0.9.6

Samuele Kaplun Samuele.Kaplun at cern.ch
Sun Oct 7 10:33:08 CEST 2007

Dear Greg (and the List),

In data domenica 07 ottobre 2007, Greg Ewing scribacchiaste dette parole:
> Pyrex 0.9.6 is now available:
> There is a *lot* of new stuff in this version, too much
> to fit into this announcement. Read all about it here:

I see from the changes that there is some requirements to a given Pyrex code
in order to make it work with future version of Pyrex (say the __new__ ->
__cinit__ migration). Since our team is distributing to clients some Pyrex
code, expecting the client to compile the code with their local installation
of Pyrex, is there a good way to make our code portable WRT Pyrex, so that it
compiles with all the different recent Pyrex versions? Otherwise, is directly
distributing the .c file produced by Pyrex the best way to make our code
portable? Is the .c output expected to be portable and compatible with
different Python version (say 2.3, 2.4, 2.5)?

Best regards and thanks for this great piece of software!
	Samuele

--
.O.
..O