[Pyrex] ANN: Pyrex 0.9.6

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Oct 8 02:30:20 CEST 2007

Samuele Kaplun wrote:
> is there a good way to make our code portable WRT Pyrex, so that it
> compiles with all the different recent Pyrex versions? Otherwise, is directly
> distributing the .c file produced by Pyrex the best way to make our code
> portable?

If the client isn't going to be modifying the Pyrex code,
then distributing the .c files is the best thing to do.
Also, the setup.py that you give to the client should
*not* be set up to run Pyrex by default.

> Is the .c output expected to be portable and compatible with
> different Python version (say 2.3, 2.4, 2.5)?

The .c code produced by the previous and current versions
should work with 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5, although I haven't tested
this thoroughly. On 64-bit platforms you might need to use
0.9.6 to get Py_ssize_t support.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |