[Pyrex] ANN: Pyrex 0.9.6

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri barbieri at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 05:18:02 CEST 2007

On 10/7/07, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>  >
> > bzrlib\_knit_load_data_c.c(1293) : warning C4133: 'function' : incompatible types - from 'PyObject
> > *' to 'PyTypeObject *'
> >
> >             type = (PyObject*) type->ob_type;
> >             Py_INCREF(type);
> >             if (!PyType_IsSubtype(type, PyExc_BaseException)) {    // <<<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> Hmmm, looks like I didn't test well enough with 2.5!

And others could not help here too :-(

Greg, what are your points to not have a public repository with
incremental changes? We were not aware that you were about to release
a new version and couldn't help you with testing, that's really bad!
   Also, without a public repository we cannot point developers to try
last (unreleased) version with our required patches, instead we need
to send out modified pyrex all around... and we cannot know if
proposed changes were accepted, etc...

Sorry, but those points lead my team to change from Pyrex to Cython.
We still read the list and try to propose patches, but it's hard to
couple with this development model.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
Jabber: barbieri at gmail.com