[Pyrex] Cython 0.9.6.7 released

Robert Bradshaw robertwb at math.washington.edu
Thu Oct 11 11:55:08 CEST 2007

This release is completely independent from the recent Pyrex release
(though we are working on merging those changes). The highlights are:

- GIL handling code
- support of keyword-only arguments
- Class-level executable bodies for cdef classes, including a working
classmethod()
- RichCmp instead of Cmp for <, <=, ==, ... operators (for
consistency with interpreted python)
- interned integer constants
- several bug fixes (of which there is some overlap with the recent
Pyrex release) and optimizations.

There is also a new experimental type of function, rdef (formerly
cdef overridable, but the syntax is still up for debate), which is a
cdef function which is callable from python (via an auto-generated
def function) and can be overriden in pure-python subclasses.

The entire SAGE library compiles with all doctests passing, so I hope
it is relatively bug-free. You can get it at http://cython.org/

- Robert