[Pyrex] array setting and math function annoyance

Arc Riley arcriley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 07:00:25 CET 2008

Hey Greg, guys

Two things;

First, can we get array setting in the next version of Pyrex?  It doesn't
seem like a very difficult feature to implement, either with:

cdef int c_array[5] = (1,1,2,3,5)
# or
cdef int c_array[5]
c_array = (1,1,2,3,5)

This would allow us to get rid of an obnoxious .c file in our source:

http://www.pysoy.org/browser/trunk/pysoy/src/textures/_tables4YUV.c?rev=703

Second, there's a bug that's apparently been known for awhile where certain
math functions are unaware of the type of self, and thus, self must be
cast.  It's just an annoyance, but it'd be nice to be rid of it.  Example;

http://www.pysoy.org/browser/trunk/pysoy/src/_datatypes/BodyPosition.pxi?rev=1137

It'd be easier to report and track these sort of things if there was a Trac
site for Pyrex, or some other bug tracker at the very least.