[Pyrex] Fast matrices over GF(p)

Simon King king at mathematik.uni-jena.de
Sat Mar 22 21:08:11 CET 2008

Dear Robert,

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008, Robert Bradshaw wrote:

> Sounds very interesting! Sage has been mostly optimized to deal with very
> large matrices, and GF(p) for p barely fitting into a word (to facilitate
> linear algebra over Z and Q). It sounds like your code does much better for
> small p. Do you mind if I forward your email onto sage-devel?

I am on sage-devel, myself. So i wouldn't mind.

But it is of course not *my* code. MeatAxe can be found at
http://www.math.rwth-aachen.de/~MTX/. My contribution is just a wrapper, i
didn't improve the arithmetics. Actually i use a rather old version of
C-MeatAxe. This is because my boss (David Green) wrote C-code for
computing cohomology, relying on the old C-MeatAxe.

Yours
    Simon